Friday, June 15, 2012

Summertime blues

Well, I've traveled and returned.

Did a lot of math. The agony of defeat and the thrill of victory. More agony than thrill; lots of tearing down of part of a project that was built on slightly incorrect foundations. Dang it.

Now I have all these "free" hours and so much to do. I have done some things efficiently: finished revisions for an accepted paper, for instance. Made some progress on a few projects but zero progress on a few others. Have some reviews to finish. Am procrastinating. Feel bad about it.

Trying to psychoanalyze myself; also trying to figure out how some people are amazingly successful and fairly well-respected while failing to do all the things they are supposed to do. Maybe I can take a cue from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment