- email editor about that article I submitted a loooooong time ago
- get two articles out the door involving recent work (small things, but still)
- work on material for meeting tomorrow with collaborators
- finish writing proof for other project
- start reading up on my new area of interest
What do I want to do? Only the last one. New and shiny!!
I don't know why I don't want to do the first two; usually I'm all about the editing.
In the past I have bribed myself into tasks like this with pastries. If I am trying to cut sugar and white flour out of my diet for digestive and health reasons, this pastry does not fit. Cocktails? No... too expensive (and not good for 9 am start). Difficult decisions here!